Wednesday, February 11, 2015

About Self-Confidence and How to Improve Yours.

How Confident Are you?

I created a quiz for this! Comment below what you get when you are done with it!

What exactly is Self-Confidence?

The proper definition is: a feeling of trust in one's abilities, qualities, and judgment

Self-confidence is when you are proud of your abilities and talents. For an example:

I am a very fast runner. I am extremely confident in my abilities and I would not be intimidated to compete with another person with my same abilities.
Or let's say you have been learning piano all of your life. And someone asks you to perform for them. If you are confident in your musical abilities you would gladly take the offer because you are proud of your skill.


But how can I build my Self-Confidence?

The truth is, you can just snap your fingers and make it happen. It takes time and hard work, but I promise it's worth it in the end. 

Step 1. Preparing

Before you begin you need to get in the right mindset. You must commit yourself to these tips and you will become confident soon enough.

Think about all the great things you have achieved!

You need to begin by appreciating yourself and all the amazing things that make you, YOU! Whether you got an A on a test, or mastered an instrument there is something great within everyone! Here is a good exercise for this:
Write a list of your top 10 achievements in your life. 
Hang it on your punch board or stick in the front of your binder. Put it somewhere that will remind you often of your great achievements! 

You need to start thinking more positively!

Part of the reason people lack self-confidence is because they see everything in a negative way. Instead of focusing on the bad, think more on the good! Everyone is beautiful. I truly believe that with all my heart. I have never looked at someone and thought, man that person is ugly. I'm being completely honest here. Yes, some people may be a little more pleasing to the eye than others, but in reality everyone is beautiful, some just shine more than others. And you want to know WHY they shine? It's because they are the confident ones! Look at yourself in the mirror, smile, look into your eyes. You are breathing, living, thinking, imagining. You are a masterpiece. Humans are amazing, we think, eat, dream, and understand some of the most complex things. YOU are a masterpiece of God, or Earth whatever you believe. YOU are amazing.

What I want you to do!

I want you to appreciate yourself. Know your strengths and use them to your advantage. Be who you are, don't try to fit in if it's not you. Believe me, people look up to those who stand on there own, and become there own person. There are billions of people in this world. Don't try to fit in, you want to be different, unique, you. JUST BE YOU. That is how you become confident, self-confidence is when you are comfortable in your own shoes, so don't wear anyone elses shoes, because YOU are unique, YOU are special, and YOU are beautiful.
______________________________________________________________________

So that was my mini mind rant. Hope you enjoyed it, and understood what I was trying to say! Stay Swanky everyone!


1 comment:

I love to hear your opinions on my posts! I'm also glad to answer any questions you may have! Have a swankified day!! Mae <3