Thursday, April 2, 2015

5 Springy Facts You Probably Didn't Know!

Spring is here! We can feel the warmth on our skin, hear the chirping birds and animals, and smell the fresh flowers and plants growing. Here are some springy facts to get you in the right mindset!

Tulips by Keromi Keroyama (CC BY 2.0)

1. During the 1600's in Holland, Tulip Bulbs were more valuable than gold! This was because they symbolized love, life, and immortality.

baby_chicks by Kabsik Park (CC BY 2.0)
2. Chickens have over 200 different noises to communicate with each other!

In the bamboo forest  by, aotaro (CC BY 2.0)
3. Bamboo is actually considered a tropical grass and can grow over 100 feet tall!

Persephone by, Alexander Affleck (CC BY 2.0)
4. The Greek Goddess of spring was Persephone. It was believed that she was the queen of the underworld during Winter, but returned to Earth during spring to preside over rebirth!

Broom by, 1024greenstreet (CC BY-SA 2.0)
5. The earliest known use of the term, "Spring Cleaning" was in 1857.

Spring is my favorite season, because it represents love, and life. What is your favorite season?! Do you know any fun facts that have to do with spring?! Comment Below!

5 comments:

  1. Hiya! Awesome post and wow these are such interesting facts! Check out my blog? Post a comment on it? Thanks for reading my comment. byeeee

    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is great, although I'm more of an autumn girl. :) Those are some interesting facts you have there—enjoy your spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know any of these facts :o Enjoy Spring! Winter is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mae

    Thanks for reading my blog and leaving a comment! I enjoy reading your blog too. Have a good spring!

    Sandstorms usually happen during climate change, and although they are not scary, its still pretty bad to be caught in one. It's a nightmare for people who are allergic to dust (and unfortunately I am one of them :-( )

    Your blog is pretty good and interesting, keep up the good work!

    Janaki

    www.janakinair.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun facts! My birthday is the first day of spring. Which is kind of funny, as winter is my favorite season. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions on my posts! I'm also glad to answer any questions you may have! Have a swankified day!! Mae <3